It’s been a busy 2009 for Morrissey — canceling tour dates, prepping a b-sides comp, posing nearly nude, lashing out at ex-Smiths, telling fans not to buy his stuff — but the singer will close it out with a just-announced nine-date U.S. run of mostly West Coast concerts.
On the heels of his new set of fall European dates, Moz will return to the U.S. in late November for his first American concert since being nauseated by the stench of barbecuing meat at April’s Coachella Festival. The singer will open the trek Nov. 29 in Seattle, then perform in Portland, Or., and Las Vegas, plus stage six concerts in California, including one at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, site of a canceled post-Coachella gig.
British act Doll & The Kicks will open Morrissey’s fall European and American dates.
See full U.S. tour dates after the jump…
Morrissey tour dates:
Nov. 29: Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA
Nov. 30: Roseland Theater, Portland, OR
Dec. 2: Paramount Theatre, Oakland, CA
Dec. 4: The Joint, Las Vegas, NV
Dec. 5: Fantasy Springs, Indio, CA
Dec. 7: Fox Theater, Pomona, CA
Dec. 8: Copley Symphony Hall, San Diego, CA
Dec. 10: Gibson Amphitheatre, Los Angeles, CA
Dec. 11: Ventura Theatre, Ventura, CA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Morrissey ‘irked’ at Andy Rourke’s claim he was fired from The Smiths via postcard
- Morrissey fleshes out fall European tour, featured in another nearly naked photo
- Tracklist for Morrissey’s ‘Swords’ b-sides CD revealed; singer plans Los Angeles concert
- Morrissey: Don’t buy my new box sets — I’m not making money off them
- Morrissey to release vinyl box sets of solo singles spanning 1988 to 1995
- Morrissey, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Pixies top first six months of Slicing Up Eyeballs
- Morrissey vows to restart Tour of Refusal, announces ‘Swords’ b-sides album
- The Smiths’ ‘Singles Box’ to be released this month in expanded 12-CD edition
- Morrissey’s ‘Years of Refusal’ tour marred by cancellations, immigration trouble