Record Rack: A round-up of the week’s new albums, reissues and/or box sets.
ARTIST: Nitzer Ebb
RELEASES: Catalogue, Compilation
BACKSTORY: The five-disc Catalogue collects each of the reunited Nitzer Ebb’s Mute albums — That Total Age (1987), Belief(1989), Showtime(1990), Ebbhead(1991) and Big Hit (1995) — in a picture slipcase, while Compilation is a three-disc best-of/remix set that merges the 2006 collections Body of Work and Body Rework.
BUY IT: Catalogue, Compilation via Amazon.co.uk
ARTIST: Bob Mould Band
RELEASE: Live at ATP 2008
BACKSTORY: This 12-track live album, recorded Sept. 21, 2008, at All Tomorrow’s Parties New York, had been sold on Mould’s website for some time now (it’s now out of stock there), but receives a commercial UK release this week. The disc finds Mould and his bandmates running through solo material, Sugar favorites and Hüsker Dü classics.
BUY IT: Live at ATP 2008 via Amazon.co.uk
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Nitzer Ebb ‘Catalogue,’ ‘Compilation’ multi-disc box sets due next month
- Nitzer Ebb’s ‘Industrial Complex,’ first new album in 15 years, available on iTunes
- Nitzer Ebb readies first new album in nearly 15 years, plots fall North American tour
- New Hüsker Dü biography due in 2010
- Video: Bob Mould and No Age play Hüsker Dü at All Tomorrow’s Parties New York
- Bob Mould to mount brief U.S. tour in October in support of ‘Life and Times’