The members of Jane’s Addiction this week effectively confirmed one of the worst-kept secrets in rock ‘n’ roll: namely that former Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan has replaced original member Eric Avery, who earlier this month left the reunited band for the second time in 20 years.
Although no formal announcement has been made, photos of the band rehearsing material for a new album with McKagan (including the one above) were posted to fan site JanesAddiction.org this week (and tweeted by both Perry Farrell and Dave Navarro).
And last night, the reconstituted band made its public debut, performing at Farrell’s 51st birthday party at Les Deux in Hollwood. In the rough video clip after the jump, McKagan and the rest of Jane’s can be seen playing Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love.”
See video of Jane’s Addiction with Duff McKagan after the jump…
Video: Jane’s Addiction, featuring Duff McKagan, 3/30/10
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Bassist Eric Avery quits Jane’s Addiction again, ‘with equal parts regret and relief’
- Vintage Video: Jane’s Addiction rehearses ‘Chip Away’ for ‘SNL’ in 1997
- Perry Farrell: Jane’s Addiction’s ‘Gift’ film coming out on DVD this year
- Eric Avery quits again? Jane’s Addiction writing new songs without bassist
- Jane’s Addiction cancels Australian dates after Stephen Perkins hospitalized
- Jane’s Addiction, Nine Inch Nails offer free Trent Reznor-produced EP
- Official dates: Jane’s Addiction and Nine Inch Nails to unleash joint tour
- Jane’s Addiction opens up its ‘Cabinet of Curiosities’ with new box set