Synth maestro Gary Numan’s no stranger to commercial jingles — check out this unused early-’80s ditty he recorded for 7UP. Now Numan’s shilling for DieHard automotive batteries in a clever commercial that features the musician playing his signature tune “Cars” via, well, two dozen actual cars. Check it out above.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Gary Numan playing ‘Pleasure Principle’ on 16-date North American tour this fall
- Vintage Video: Al Jourgensen, Gary Numan sing early-’80s soda pop jingles
- Gary Numan cancels Coachella set, postpones San Francisco, Los Angeles concerts
- Beggars releasing rare Bauhaus, Gary Numan + Tubeway Army bonus discs
- Video: Gary Numan and Nine Inch Nails perform ‘Cars,’ ‘Metal’ in HD