Today we commemorate the 52nd birthday of the incomparable Kate Bush with what’s arguably her most indelible song: “Running Up That Hill.” In the clip posted above, Bush performs the absolutely mesmerizing Hounds of Love single at “The Secret Policeman’s Third Ball” in 1987 with an assist on guitar and backing vocals by Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour, who was credited with discovering the singer. It’s an absolutely essential version of a classic song.
PREVIOUSLY IN MILESTONES
- Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore is 52 today; here’s a dose of ‘Teen Age Riot’
- Depeche Mode’s Martin L. Gore is 49 today; watch him sing ‘Enjoy the Silence’
- U2 played Live Aid in London 25 years ago today
- Midnight Oil rocks Exxon building in Valdez protest 20 years ago this weekend
- Siouxsie Sioux is 53 today; watch a complete Banshees concert from 1981
- Unhappy birthday: Morrissey is 51 today; watch entire ‘Live in Dallas’ concert film