Today we mark the 56th birthday of Steve Kilbey — writer, artist, solo musician and, of course, lead singer and bassist for Australian rock act The Church for the past three decades. To commemorate the occasion, we present these vintage clips of The Church playing live on Italian TV in 1988 to promote the band’s mainstream crossover Starfish: Above, you’ll find Kilbey and Co. performing breakthrough single “Under the Milky Way,” and, below, see the band follow up with “Reptile,” the record’s second single, and album opener “Destination.”
See more video of The Church live on Italian TV after the jump…
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Q&A: Robert Lurie, author of ‘No Certainty Attached: Steve Kilbey & The Church’
- The Church plots ‘An Intimate Space’ 30th anniversary acoustic tour of U.S.
- The Church releasing new ‘Operetta’ EP, reissuing ‘Back With Two Beasts,’ ‘Shriek’
- New releases: New studio albums from The Church, Meat Puppets
- The Church issues new ‘Untitled #23′ album, plots summer tour of U.S.