As a warm-up to its Don’t Look Back appearance in London this summer, the reunited Dinosaur Jr will embark on a short East Coast tour this June to perform the band’s third album — 1988’s nine-track Bug, featuring the trio’s break-out single “Freak Scene” — in its entirety at five concerts.
The trek opens June 21 in Northampton, Mass., with a benefit show that also features a spoken-word set by Henry Rollins and a performance by Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore. The tour then hits Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., with a performance of Bug at each stop — plus an opening set by hardcore supergroup Off! (and Fucked Up in New York) and Rollins will interview the band live onstage.
On July 1, Dinosaur Jr is slated to play Bug at a Don’t Look Back concert in London headlined by The Flaming Lips, who will perform their 1999 classic The Soft Bulletin. The show also features indie-rock act Deerhoof playing its 2004 record Milk Man.
See Dinosaur Jr’s ‘Bug’ tour dates after the jump…
Dinosaur Jr Bug tour dates:
June 21: Calvin Theatre, Northampton, MA
June 22: The Paradise, Boston, MA
June 23: Terminal 5, New York City, NY
June 24: Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA
June 25: 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C.
July 1: Don’t Look Back, Alexandra Palace, London
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Stream: Hear J Mascis’ ‘Several Shades of Why’ in its entirety
- Free MP3: Dinosaur Jr’s J Mascis, ‘It Is Done,’ off ‘Several Shades of Why’
- J Mascis sets 22-date North American solo tour for ‘Several Shades of Why’
- Free MP3: Dinosaur Jr’s J Mascis, ‘Not Enough,’ off ‘Several Shades of Why’
- Dinosaur Jr’s J Mascis to release acoustic album ‘Several Shades of Why’ in March
- Dinosaur Jr to play ‘Bug’ at Don’t Look Back concert with Flaming Lips in London