With U2’s colossal 360° Tour back underway in South America — and, as of tonight, officially the highest-grossing trek of all time — the band continues to slip surprises into its setlists. Case in point: At tonight’s concert in Sao Paulo, Brazil, fans were treated to the first performance of “Zooropa” since 1993. According to fan site @U2, it’s only the fourth time the song ever has been played in concert. Check out that video above, courtesy of U2gigs.com. The band also whipped out “Out of Control” for the first time in nearly five years; watch that below.
See U2 play ‘Out of Control’ in Sao Paulo after the jump...
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Vintage Video: U2 performs ‘New Year’s Day’ in the studio for French TV
- Video: U2 and Jay-Z perform rare ‘October’ track ‘Scarlet’ in New Zealand
- U2 preps ‘Wide Awake in Europe’ vinyl-only live EP, featuring debut of ‘Mercy’
- Video: U2 plays ‘Joshua Tree’ B-side ‘Spanish Eyes’ for first time in a decade
- U2 remastering ‘Achtung Baby’ in Los Angeles for possible reissue