Al Jourgensen today announced the brief U.S. leg of the reactivated Ministry’s upcoming Relapse Tour 2012, five concerts in just four cities — Denver, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago — with no plans to add additional American destinations to the trek before taking the industrial juggernaut to Europe for an unannounced gig.
The U.S. concerts, set for June 17 through 28, will go on pre-sale to Ministry’s Facebook fans at 10 a.m. venue time on Sept. 16, one week before the general on-sale on Sept. 23.
According to the band’s Facebook page:
“Denver, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago are the only US cities in which Ministry will be performing in 2012. We will not be adding any more cities to the Relapse 2012 Tour, as the band is scheduled to perform in Europe July 1st, 2012 (later announcement on city and venue).”
Chicago already has two shows scheduled, and in an interview with Metal Hammer, Jourgensen indicated that Los Angeles also could see a second show added in case of a sell-out. He specifically said, however, that New York would only see one night.
Jourgensen last month announced he was reuniting Ministry to record a new album, expected next spring, and go on a limited tour, due to his recovery from severe health issues. Ministry now features Mike Scaccia, Tommy Victor, Tony Campos, Aaron Rossi and John Bechdel.
Ministry Relapse Tour 2012:
June 17: Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO
June 21: Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA
June 23: Best Buy Nokia, New York, NY
June 28: The Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL
June 29: The Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Al Jourgensen reforms Ministry for ‘Relapse’ album, 2012 concerts in U.S., Europe
- ‘Fix: The Ministry Movie’ premieres tonight at Chicago International Movies & Music Festival
- Ministry covers Amy Winehouse’s ‘Rehab’ on ‘Every Day is Halloween: The Anthology’
- Ministry preps ‘MiXXXes of the Molé,’ ‘trance metal’ remix of 2004′s ‘Houses of the Molé’
- Vintage Video: Ministry’s Al Jourgensen, Gary Numan sing early-’80s soda pop jingles