Kate Bush this week premiered the first of three planned 2½-minute “animations” created to promote her new album 50 Words for Snow, which arrives next week. The first clip, which you can watch above, is set to part of the 7-minute “Wild Man,” and looks to be about a snowy expedition to find the Abominable Snowman.
As Bush writes on her website:
Hi everyone, I am delighted to announce the premier of our first animated film tonight. It only runs for about 2½ minutes but huge amounts of care and work have gone into this. I think it looks so atmospheric and has a beautifully crafted and unique look. It has been created by Finn and Patrick at Brandt Animation. It has been really exciting working on this. I hope you like it.
I want to say a very special thanks to Mike Solinger, the producer on this project. Without him this could never have happened.
I would also like to thank the Yeti who was the inspiration for the song and this short film. I hope it remains an enigma.
With very best wishes,
The other two clips are promised in the coming weeks, but you can catch a glimpse of them in a TV commercial for 50 Words for Snow that’s posted below. You can also stream the full album.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Stream: Kate Bush, ‘50 Words for Snow’ — first all-new album in 6 years
- Kate Bush to release ‘50 Words for Snow’ — first new album in 6 years — in November
- EMI exec on new Kate Bush album: ‘We’ve been told to prepare for a November release’
- Kate Bush reveals ‘Director’s Cut’ tracklist; stream ‘Deeper Understanding’
- Kate Bush revists ‘Sensual World,’ ‘Red Shoes’ tracks on new ‘Director’s Cut’ album