After extensive touring in support of their 2010 comeback History of Modern, reunited synthpop favorites Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark will return to the studio early next month to begin work on a follow-up, already titled English Electric, according to a post on the band’s Facebook page credited to Andy McCluskey and Paul Humphreys.
Posted yesterday, that message reads:
“We are planning to be in the studio in early December to start collating our ideas and expand upon the music we already began writing together earlier this year. The next album entitled English Electric is starting to take shape. Andy and Paul”
Last year’s well-received History of Modern was OMD’s first new album since 1996’s Universal and its first with its classic lineup — original members McCluskey, Humphreys, Martin Cooper and Malcolm Holmes — since 1986’s The Pacific Age.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- OMD to bring ‘History of Modern’ back to North America this fall for 21-date tour
- Stream: OMD, ‘History of Modern (part I)’ — off forthcoming ‘Live in Berlin’ album
- Video: OMD plays ‘If You Leave’ in a bicycle shop at South By Southwest last month
- Video: Watch OMD’s 30-minute in-store concert at Amoeba Music in Hollywood
- OMD brings ‘History of Modern’ tour to North America, SXSW in March