Frontman Wayne Hussey will extend the 25th anniversary celebration of The Mission — featuring a reunited lineup of original members Simon Hinkler and Craig Adams, plus new drummer Mike Kelly — by taking the band to Latin America late this spring and performing at least one European festival date this summer.
The band performed together for the first time in three years during a run of U.K. and European shows in October and November. This week, Hussey and Co. confirmed South American dates in late May in Chile, Argentina and Brazil, with at least one more Brazilian date and an early June concert in Mexico City planned, according to the band’s website.
The Mission’s site also confirms that “at least one Euro festival appearance” is planned.
The Mission tour dates:
May 25: Teatro Coupolican, Santiago, Chile
May 26: Teatro Colegiales, Buenos Aires, Argentina
May 27: Cine Joia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
May 31: TBA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil *
June 2: TBA, Mexico City, Mexico *
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: The Mission opens 25th anniversary reunion tour in Bristol, U.K. (setlist)
- Video: The Mission rehearses ‘Beyond the Pale’ for 25th anniversary reunion tour
- The Mission’s Wayne Hussey covers Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, David Bowie on new CD
- The Mission announces 2nd U.K. show, 10 European concerts for 25th anniversary
- Milestones: Wayne Hussey is 53 today; watch The Mission live in 1990
- The Mission taps Fields of the Nephilim, Gene Loves Jezebel for reunion concert
- The Mission reissuing ’90s albums ‘Neverland,’ ‘Blue’ next month with bonus tracks
- The Mission to reunite for 25th anniversary concert in London next October