Following up on last fall’s vintage Jim Reid mix, the folks at Demon Music Group — the label behind the new Jesus and Mary Chain reissues — today posted a new mix by ex-JAMC rhythm section Bobby Gillespie (drums 1985-86) and Douglas Hart (bass 1984-1991) representing what was on their tour-bus mixtapes during the band’s early days.
Dubbed “The Way We Were: 1980-85,” the set by Gillespie and Hart features an assortment of postpunk by the likes of Public Image Ltd. and Magazine alongside everything from Kris Kristofferson to the Ronettes, Herb Alpert and The Creation. Check it out in the player above.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Vintage Video: Watch The Jesus and Mary Chain’s infamous 1985 Camden gig and riot
- Stream: Jim Reid’s Jesus and Mary Chain 1985 ‘Inspirations & Influences’ mix
- Jim Reid on a new Jesus and Mary Chain album: ‘It might happen, it might not’
- Stream: ‘Black and Blues,’ brand-new song from Jim Reid of The Jesus and Mary Chain
- Jesus and Mary Chain reissues: Take an interactive, 3-D tour of the 2CD/1DVD sets
- Jesus and Mary Chain reissuing all 6 albums this fall in deluxe 2CD/1DVD editions
- JAMC’s Jim Reid ‘wouldn’t rule out’ ‘Psychocandy’ 25th anniversary gigs
- The Jesus and Mary Chain anthologized on 2CD ‘Upside Down: The Best Of’