In the years since the break-up of Hüsker Dü, bassist Greg Norton largely eschewed the music industry in favor of the restaurant business — but Norton and his iconic mustache have been re-acquainting themselves with music of late, first with the band The Gang Font and now through an on-stage appearance with tribute act Hüsker Düdes.
On Saturday, Norton threw on a bass and jumped on stage with the Düdes at Quenchers Saloon in Chicago to play on “From the Gut” and “Target,” and then sing “Blah, Blah, Blah.” That’s Norton in the photo above with his doppelganger and the rest of the Düdes, and you can see video of the “From the Gut” and “Target” below.
For more on the Düdes, check out their Facebook page.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Vintage Video: Hüsker Dü rocks Minneapolis daytime talk show ‘Good Company’ in 1986
- Bob Mould to perform Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue’ on ‘very limited’ 20th anniversary tour
- Video: Hüsker Dü’s Grant Hart half-hour performance, interview on Seattle’s KEXP
- Vintage Video: Watch full Hüsker Dü concert from London’s Camden Palace in 1985
- Bob Mould sets fall ‘See a Little Light’ book tour with ‘reading and music’ performances