The reunited ’80s-era lineup of Ultravox — featuring Midge Ure, Billy Currie, Chris Cross and Warren Cann — today announced a 13-date U.K. tour this September and October in support of the band’s forthcoming comeback album, Brilliant — the first new album from that lineup in nearly three decades.
Tickets for the tour, which opens Sept. 21 in Bristol and runs through Oct. 7 in Glasgow, go on sale to the general public on Friday, but if you head over to the band’s website, there’s information about several presales, for those who’d like to get an early crack at tickets.
In March, Ultravox announced plans to release Brilliant, the ’80s lineup’s first new album together in 28 years. The record — the first from Ultravox since 1994′s Ingenuity, and the first from the band’s most commercially successful lineup since 1984′s Lament — is due out May 28 in the U.K.
Ultravox tour dates:
Sept. 21: Colston Hall, Bristol, UK
Sept. 22: New Theatre, Oxford, UK
Sept. 23: Guildhall, Portsmouth, UK
Sept. 25: Royal Centre, Nottingham, UK
Sept. 26: Symphony Hall, Birmingham, UK
Sept. 27: HMV Apollo, Hammersmith, UK
Sept. 29: G Live, Guildford, UK
Sept. 30: Palace Theatre, Manchester, UK
Oct. 2: Cliffs Pavilion, Southend, UK
Oct. 3: Regent Theatre, Ipswich, UK
Oct. 4: City Hall, Sheffield, UK
Oct. 6: Opera House, Blackpool, UK
Oct. 7: Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Stream: Ultravox, ‘Brilliant’ — first new track from reunited ’80s-era lineup in 28 years
- Video: Ultravox offers behind-the-scenes look at recording of ‘Brilliant’ reunion album
- Ultravox’s ’80s lineup returns with ‘Brilliant’ — first new album together in 28 years
- Steve Strange preps Detroit Starzz debut, working on first Visage album in 28 years
- Midge Ure reissuing ‘The Gift,’ ‘Answers to Nothing’ with B-sides, unreleased tracks