Dinosaur Jr next month will follow up this spring’s release of the DVD and Blu-ray “Bug Live at 9:30 Club: In the Hands of the Fans” with a super-limited, purple-vinyl pressing of that performance, recorded June 25, 2011,at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C. Unfortunately, it appears Outer Battery Records already has sold out of the 200-record run of Bug: Live — due out July 10 — so collectors will have to scour the web for re-sellers on this one (although Amazon.com lists it for release in August). For now, though, check out the animated trailer by political cartoonist Scott Bateman.
Also, download a free MP3 of “No Bones” from that show right here.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Video: Dinosaur Jr jams 2 classics, covers The Cure and talks to Henry Rollins on KEXP
- Dinosaur Jr to release ‘Bug Live at 9:30 Club: In the Hands of Fans’ on DVD, Blu-ray
- Stream: ‘Lost’ Deep Wound practice tape from 1983 — featuring J Mascis, Lou Barlow
- Dinosaur Jr to reissue 1st three albums in cassette box set — plus bonus Sebadoh tape
- Dinosaur Jr takes ‘Bug’ tour, Henry Rollins to West Coast for 6 shows this December
- Stream: Dinosaur Jr, ‘I’ve Been Waiting For You’ — unreleased Neil Young cover (1988)
- Dinosaur Jr reissuing 1988′s ‘Bug’ on purple cassette for upcoming full-album tour