Bob Mould is set to release his first new album in three years in less than a month, and Merge Records this morning offered up the first taste of Silver Age in the form of lead single “The Descent,” which, perhaps not surprisingly, is very reminiscent of Mould’s ’90s work with Sugar. Which means the new material should fit in well when Mould’s band plays it alongside Copper Blue on his fall U.S. tour.
Check out “The Descent” below.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Bob Mould announces new album ‘Silver Age,’ will play ‘Copper Blue’ on U.S. tour
- Merge to reissue Bob Mould’s Sugar catalog in U.S. — download 3 free live MP3s
- Bob Mould: Triple-disc reissue, ‘Copper Blue’ in Milwaukee, Amendment One protest gig
- Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue,’ ‘Beaster,’ ‘File Under: Easy Listening’ set for multi-disc reissues
- Bob Mould to perform Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue’ on ‘very limited’ 20th anniversary tour