The Pet Shop Boys today announced that the song “Leaving” will be the second single off the forthcoming Elysium, and will be released Oct. 15 in the U.K. on CD, 12-inch and as a digital download bundle “with extra tracks and remixes.” The single will feature two different covers, one featuring Neil Tennant, as shown above, and the other Chris Lowe. The track is slated to premiere on BBC Radio 2 on Friday, but a quick search of YouTube and Vimeo reveals that “Leaving” already has surfaced online — check it out below.
Elysium is out Sept. 10 in the U.K. and Sept. 11 in the U.S.
UPDATE 8/30/12: Official lyrics video now released (see below)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Pet Shop Boys reveal ‘Elysium’ cover art, tracklist, worldwide release dates
- Pet Shop Boys to launch world tour with ‘totally new production’ in early 2013
- Pet Shop Boys cover Bee Gees in tribute to Robin Gibb, release new ‘Winner’ video
- Stream: Pet Shop Boys, ‘Winner’ — first single off upcoming album ‘Elysium’
- Pet Shop Boys announce new album ‘Elysium’ — listen to new track ‘Invisible’
- Pet Shop Boys to release ‘Format’ B-sides comp, spanning 1996-2009, in February
- Pet Shop Boys announce ‘Ultimate’ tracklisting, record new single ‘Together’