With about 10 days left before the release of their 11th album, Elysium, the Pet Shop Boys have released an 8-minute interview reel with Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe. about their songwriting process and the making of the album, which already is garnering comparisons in sound and mood to 1990’s Behaviour. Tennant does most of the talking in the clip, which premiered on The Huffington Post this week, but Lowe does weigh in a bit toward the end. Elysium is out Sept. 10 in the U.K. and Sept. 11 in the U.S.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Stream: Pet Shop Boys, ‘Leaving’ — second single off forthcoming ‘Elysium’
- Pet Shop Boys reveal ‘Elysium’ cover art, tracklist, worldwide release dates
- Pet Shop Boys to launch world tour with ‘totally new production’ in early 2013
- Pet Shop Boys cover Bee Gees in tribute to Robin Gibb, release new ‘Winner’ video
- Stream: Pet Shop Boys, ‘Winner’ — first single off upcoming album ‘Elysium’
- Pet Shop Boys announce new album ‘Elysium’ — listen to new track ‘Invisible’