Legendary former The Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr will follow his previously announced U.K. solo tour with an 18-date North American run in April and May that’s built around his appearances at the two-weekend Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival — and which includes dates with New Order in Las Vegas and Santa Barbara, Calif.
Marr, who will release his solo album The Messenger on Feb. 26, will open the trek April 11 with a show in Las Vegas, then play shows in the U.S. and Ontario, Canada, through a May 4 date in Boston. The North American dates follow a March tour of the U.K.
The two New Order concerts are the first evidence of that band playing more U.S. shows surrounding its own Coachella appearance. It’s not yet known whether a full U.S. tour is on tap for Bernard Sumner and Co. — or whether fans in Santa Barbara and Las Vegas will see an Electronic reunion onstage.
Johnny Marr tour dates:
April 11: The Cosmopolitan – The Pool, Las Vegas, NV (w/ New Order)
April 12: Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA
April 13: The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA
April 15: Neumos, Seattle, WA
April 16: Aladdin Theater, Portland, OR
April 18: County Bowl, Santa Barbara, CA (w/ New Order)
April 19: Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA
April 21: Bluebird Theater, Denver, CO
April 22: The Waiting Room, Omaha, NE
April 23: Varsity Theater, Minneapolis, MN
April 25: Metro, Chicago, IL
April 26: Magic Stick, Detroit, MI
April 27: Phoenix, Toronto, ON
April 29: 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C.
April 30: Trocadero, Philadelphia, PA
May 2: Irving Plaza, New York, NY
May 3: Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
May 4: Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Johnny Marr, ‘Upstarts’ — first official single off ‘The Messenger’
- Johnny Marr announces spring U.K. tour, debuts new song ‘The Right Thing Right’
- Stream: Johnny Marr plays ‘Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What What I Want’ on BBC
- Video: Johnny Marr, ‘The Messenger’ — first track off Smiths guitarist’s new solo record
- Johnny Marr of The Smiths to release solo debut ‘The Messenger’ in February
- New biography ‘A Light That Never Goes Out’ promises ‘complete story’ of The Smiths