Due to “incredible demand,” former Banshees frontwoman Siouxsie has added a second performance at the Yoko Ono-curated Meltdown festival at London’s Southbank Centre, an event that also will feature sets by Patti Smith, Iggy & The Stooges, Boy George, and both Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore — plus a live performance of Double Fantasy.
Tickets for the new concert go on sale 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 30, to Southbank Centre members. At 10 a.m. Wednesday, May, 1, “a very limited number of Siouxsie tickets across all ticket prices will be available for Siouxsie mailing list subscribers.” The general on-sale follows at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 2.
The concerts are Siouxsie’s first in five years.
Siouxsie tour dates:
June 15: Meltdown Festival, Royal Festival Hall, London, UK
June 17: Meltdown Festival, Royal Festival Hall, London, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Siouxsie to play first concert in 5 years this summer as part of Yoko Ono’s Meltdown
- Vintage Video: Siouxsie and the Banshees on ‘Rockpalast’ in 1981 — watch 75-minute set
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: 120 X-Ray on Siouxsie & The Banshees with host Kevin Seal — 1988
- Siouxsie and the Banshees 20-disc ‘mega’ box set with 11 albums, live DVDs in works
- Steven Severin: Siouxsie and the Banshees’ reissue program dumped by Univeral Music