While they’ve already previewed one song (“Drag”) from their upcoming reunion album, The Mission this week released the record’s first official single: “Sometimes the Brightest Light Comes From the Darkest Place,” which is not only available for sale from the usual digital outlets, but it can also be downloaded, for free, in remixed form.
Below, you can stream and/or download the remix by Mark Gemini Thwaite, who played guitar in The Mission throughout much of the ’90s and early 2000s.
The new album, The Brightest Light, finds Wayne Hussey reunited with original members Simon Hinkler and Craig Adams for the first time since 1990′s Carved In Sand. It’s due out Sept. 17, immediately following the band’s first North American tour in more than a decade.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Peter Murphy and Wayne Hussey play ‘Telegram Sam,’ ‘Ziggy Stardust’ in Brazil
- Stream: The Mission, ‘Drag’ — first track released off ‘The Brightest Light’
- The Mission teases fans with ‘The Brightest Light’ album sampler — stream now
- The Mission to release ‘The Brightest Light’ following U.S. tour this September
- The Mission unveils first U.S. tour in 11 years — plus U.K. dates with Fields of the Nephilim
- The Mission to reunite for 25th anniversary concert in London next October