The Mission opens its first North American tour in more than a decade tonight in Washington, D.C., and the band is using the occasion to debut the music video for “Sometimes the Brightest Light Comes From the Darkest Place,” the lead single from forthcoming album The Brightest Light, which arrives later this month.
The clip, which you can see below, premiered today at ClassicRockMagazine.com, and, as you can see, it’s shot from frontman Wayne Hussey’s POV as he rolls out of bed and makes his way through semi-naked ladies and ample booze to that night’s Mish gig, which is where it concludes.
Check it out below — along with the band’s North American dates.
The Mission, “Sometimes The Brightest Light Comes From The Darkest Place”
The Mission’s 2013 tour dates:
Sept. 3: 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C.
Sept. 4: Trocadero, Philadelphia, PA
Sept. 5: Irving Plaza, New York, NY
Sept. 6: Lee’s Palace, Toronto, ON
Sept. 7: House of Blues, Chicago, IL
Sept. 10: Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA
Sept. 11: LVCS, Las Vegas, NV
Sept. 13: Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA
Sept. 14: Aladdin Theater, Portland, OR
Sept. 15: Showbox Theater, Seattle, WA
Dec. 14: O2 Academy, Glasgow, UK (w/ Fields of Nephilim)
Dec. 15: O2 Academy, Leeds, UK (w/ Fields of Nephilim)
Dec. 17: O2 Academy, Birmingham, UK (w/ Fields of Nephilim)
Dec. 18: O2 Academy Brixton, London, UK (w/ Fields of Nephilim)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Peter Murphy and Wayne Hussey play ‘Telegram Sam,’ ‘Ziggy Stardust’ in Brazil
- Stream: The Mission, ‘Drag’ — first track released off ‘The Brightest Light’
- The Mission teases fans with ‘The Brightest Light’ album sampler — stream now
- The Mission to release ‘The Brightest Light’ following U.S. tour this September
- The Mission unveils first U.S. tour in 11 years — plus U.K. dates with Fields of the Nephilim
- The Mission to reunite for 25th anniversary concert in London next October