Photo via plusruss on Instagram
Peter Hook’s current U.S. tour — on which he’s performing New Order’s first two albums, 1981′s Movement and 1983′s Power, Corruptions & Lies, in their entirety each night — may be just about over, but fans at Wednesday night’s show in Seattle got a special treat: electronic music whiz Moby hopped on stage during the encore to sing three Joy Division classics.
As you can see from the video posted below (via thedown5), Moby — who’s done this sort of thing before — handles vocals on “New Dawn Fades,” “Transmission” and “Ceremony,” the latter of which became New Order’s first single following the death of Ian Curtis.
Hook wraps up his U.S. dates with shows tonight in San Francisco and Saturday in Denver.
Peter Hook & The Light with Moby, “New Dawn Fades”
Peter Hook & The Light with Moby, “Transmission”
Peter Hook & The Light with Moby, “Ceremony”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Peter Hook demonstrates how to play New Order’s ‘Ceremony’ on bass
- Peter Hook to play New Order’s ‘Movement,’ ‘Power, Corruption & Lies’ on U.S. tour
- Video: New Order plays ‘Bizarre Love Triangle,’ ‘I’ll Stay With You’ on Kimmel
- New Order announces U.S. tour in July leading up to Lollapalooza appearance
- Video: New Order play ‘Perfect Kiss,’ ‘Crystal’ at Coachella — via official webcast