Morrissey has yet to announce his promised U.S. tour this spring, but tonight he did confirm two major concerts: arena shows in Los Angeles and New York in May and June that will find the former Smiths singer sharing the stage with legendary crooners Tom Jones and Cliff Richard, respectively.
Moz is set to perform May 10 at the Los Angeles Sports Arena and June 21 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn; ticket on-sale dates have not been announced. Kristeen Young opens both shows as well.
The concert announcements, via quasi-official fansite True To You, come just days after the first signs of Morrissey’s spring tour hit Ticketmaster, with a May 22 concert in Dallas and a June 7 show in Boston having been listed — with on-sale dates of this Friday — before being removed from the site.
Morrissey’s last U.S. dates abruptly ended in May 2013 over “ongoing medical problems,” at which time the singer declared, “I hope this isn’t the end, and I hope there will be other chances.”
Morrissey tour dates:
May 10: Los Angeles Sports Arena, Los Angeles, CA (with Tom Jones)
May 22: Majestic Theatre, Dallas, TX *
June 7: Boston Opera House, Boston, MA *
June 21: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY (with Cliff Richard)
* Not officially announced yet
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Morrissey signs worldwide record deal, promises new album, tour in 2014
- In Q&A, Morrissey reveals plans for new album, novel — plus failed David Bowie duet
- Morrissey does Morrissey: ‘Walking Dead’s’ Governor to read ‘Autobiography’ audiobook
- Morrissey says he’s been treated for concussion, whiplash, arm injury — doesn’t reveal why
- Morrissey’s ‘Autobiography’ to be published in the U.S. on Dec. 3 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons