As promised, Paisley Underground-era rockers The Dream Syndicate last night reunited onstage in Los Angeles with former bandmate Kendra Smith, who left the group after playing bass and singing on its acclaimed 1982 debut The Days of Wine and Roses.
Smith hadn’t participated in The Dream Syndicate’s ongoing reunion until contributing vocals to the band’s first album in nearly 30 years, but agreed to join Steve Wynn and Co. onstage last night at the El Rey Theater in Los Angeles, and is expected to do so again tonight in San Francisco.
As you can see from the video below, Smith reprised her lead vocals on Days of Wine and Roses cut “Too Little, Too Late.” We haven’t seen the full setlist yet, so we’re not sure if she contributed to any other songs.
Check it out:
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Dream Syndicate debuts new song ‘Glide,’ announces December tour of U.S.
- Listen: The Dream Syndicate debuts 11-minute title track to ‘How Did I Find Myself Here?’
- Q&A: Steve Wynn on The Dream Syndicate’s first new album in nearly 30 years
- Dream Syndicate puts vinyl release of 1988 live set up to a vote via Run Out Groove
- Dream Syndicate’s 1st new album in 29 years to feature Kendra Smith singing ‘perfect coda’