They Might Be Giants over the weekend tweeted a Vimeo link sans explanation, and those who clicked it were in for a delight: Run-DMC’s classic Aerosmith-starring video for “Walk This Way,” but synced instead to a weird, synthy demo for “Last Wave,” off TMBG’s just-released album.
The Bad Lip Reading-style clip is so well-synced that it seems the song, or at least its first demo, was written to go with the iconic 1986 music video. It apparently has been shown at TMBG’s recent concerts.
Below, check out the “Last Wave”/”Walk This Way” clip, and hear the final album version, released just this month as the concluding track on the band’s new record I Like Fun.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- They Might Be Giants unveil new album ‘I Like Fun,’ massive U.S. tour — hear new single
- Free MP3: They Might Be Giants, ‘Call You Mom’ — first track off upcoming ‘Nanobots’
- They Might Be Giants to play ‘Lincoln,’ ‘Flood’ and more at 3-night New Year’s run in NYC
- Video: Watch They Might Be Giants’ 22-minute in-store set at Amoeba Music
- Video: They Might Be Giants perform ‘When Will You Die,’ ‘Ana Ng’ on ‘Conan’