Paul Weller this week announced plans to release his 15th solo album, a record titled On Sunset, in June, along with a new slate of U.K. tour dates later this year and a promise via his publicists that “North American dates will be announced shortly.”
No further details have been released about the album, the follow-up to 2018’s stripped-down True Meanings. The new album is due out June 12 on Polydor in the U.K. and Verve Forecast in the U.S.
The former leader of The Jam and The Style Council will embark on a 17-date U.K. tour, beginning Oct. 19 in Plymouth and wrapping up with two London shows on Nov. 19 and 20.
Tickets go on sale 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28 — but there’s a pre-sale that begins at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26. Fans can get access to the pre-sale by pre-ordering the album in any of a variety of formats.
Full tour dates and album art below.
Paul Weller tour dates
Oct. 29: Pavilions, Plymouth, UK
Oct. 30: O2 Guildhall, Southampton, UK
Oct. 31: Centre, Brighton, UK
Nov. 2: Bonus Arena, Hull, UK
Nov. 3: Barbican, York, UK
Nov. 5: De Montfort Hall, Leicester, UK
Nov. 6: De Montfort Hall, Leicester, UK
Nov. 7: King George’s Hall, Blackburn, UK
Nov. 9: The Sands Centre, Carlisle, UK
Nov. 10: O2 Apollo, Manchester, UK
Nov. 12: Caird Hall, Dundee, UK
Nov. 13: O2 City Hall, Newcastle, UK
Nov. 14: O2 City Hall, Newcastle, UK
Nov. 16: Usher Hall, Edinburgh, UK
Nov. 17: St. George’s Hall, Bradford, UK
Nov. 19: O2 Academy Brixton, London, UK
Nov. 20: O2 Forum Kentish Town, London, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Paul Weller returns with lushly orchestrated 14th studio album ‘True Meanings’
- Listen: Paul Weller spreads his sonic wings on new ‘Mother Ethiopia’ collaborations
- The Jam’s 40th anniversary to be commemorated with 5-disc ‘1977’ box set
- Paul Weller to support ‘A Kind Revolution’ with 20-date North American tour this fall
- Listen: Paul Weller, ‘Long Long Road’ and ‘Nova’ — off upcoming ‘A Kind Revolution’
- Paul Weller drafts Robert Wyatt, Boy George to guest on new album ‘A Kind Revolution’