The Jesus and Mary Chain have rescheduled for a second time — and expanded — their COVID-delayed European tour during which they were to perform 1987’s Darklands in full, with 22 concerts now scheduled in November and December of this year.
The brothers Reid originally had been slated to play their second album at 13 dates in the U.K. and Europe in March and April 2020, but those shows, like so many others, were canceled as the coronavirus spread across the globe. The shows then were rescheduled to February 2021, and now are set to run from Nov. 14 through Dec. 12, with nine new dates added.
The Mary Chain began playing their 1985 debut Psychocandy in full with shows in London in late 2014, and brought that tour to the United States the following year. The 1987 follow-up, recorded with drum machines after original JAMC drummer Bobby Gillespie left to focus on Primal Scream, generated the singles “April Skies,” “Happy When it Rains” and the title track.
The band released its first new album in 19 years, Damage and Joy, in 2017.
See the Darklands tour dates below.
The Jesus and Mary Chain play Darklands 2021
Nov. 14: Barrowland, Glasgow, UK *
Nov. 15: Barrowland, Glasgow, UK **
Nov. 17: Albert Hall, Manchester, UK **
Nov. 18: Albert Hall, Manchester, UK *
Nov. 19: Roundhouse, London, UK *
Nov. 21: Den Atelier, Luxembourg **
Nov. 22: Backstage Werk, Munich, Germany *
Nov. 23: Astra, Berlin, Germany *
Nov. 24: Live Music Hall, Cologne, Germany *
Nov. 26: Grey Hall, Copenhagen, Denmark
Nov. 28: Rockefeller, Oslo, Norway **
Nov. 29: Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden *
Nov. 30: Pustervik, Gothenburg, Sweden *
Dec. 2: Fabrik, Hamburg, Germany **
Dec. 3: Trix, Antwerp, Belgium **
Dec. 5: Bataclan, Paris, France **
Dec. 6: Schlachthof, Wiesbaden, Germany*
Dec. 7: Melkweg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands *
Dec. 9: Le Lieu Unique, Nantes, France **
Dec. 10: La Cartonnerie, Reims, France **
Dec. 11: La Rodia, Besancon, France **
Dec. 12: Alcatraz, Milan, Italy *
* Moved from February 2021
** New date
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Jesus and Mary Chain move U.K. performances of ‘Darklands’ to early 2021
- The Jesus and Mary Chain to perform ‘Darklands’ in UK, Europe on 2020 tour
- Watch: The Jesus and Mary Chain perform ‘The Two of Us’ with Sky Ferreira on Colbert
- Watch: The Jesus and Mary Chain, ‘Mood Rider’ — new video off ‘Damage and Joy’
- The Jesus and Mary Chain announce North American tour in support of ‘Damage and Joy’
- Listen: The Jesus and Mary Chain debut ‘Always Sad’ — 2nd ‘Damage and Joy’ single
- Jim Reid vows The Jesus and Mary Chain will complete its first new album in 17 years