Hard to believe, but Southern California punk legends Social Distortion never had performed on television — even during their early-to-mid ’90s “Ball and Chain”-fueled major-label heyday — before last night. Here they are, in the clip above, making their TV debut on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” with “Machine Gun Blues,” the first single off Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes, due out Jan. 18. As a bonus, Mike Ness and Co. also played 1990’s “Story of My Life,” seen below.
See more video of Social D on ‘Kimmel’ after the jump…
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Social Distortion to release ‘Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes’ in January
- Social Distortion plots 25-date fall North American tour with Lucero
- Social Distortion announces U.S. tour to coincide with Lollapalooza slot
- Social Distortion drummer Atom Willard quits to focus on Angels & Airwaves
- Video: Social D’s Mike Ness joins Bruce Springsteen for ‘Bad Luck’