Last week, Bob Mould dropped by The A.V. Club’s Chicago HQ and covered one of his own songs — the Sugar favorite “If I Can’t Change Your Mind” — for the website’s Undercover series, in which bands pick songs off a predetermined list and perform them live in a very small room. But before the A.V. Club could cross the Sugar song off their list, Colin Meloy picked it, too, for The Decemberists to cover. So, posted above, you’ll see that band’s rendition, with a fuller sound than Mould’s own solo take.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Bob Mould ‘covers’ Sugar’s ‘If I Can’t Change Your Mind’ for The A.V. Club
- Bob Mould on ‘Sound Opinions’ radio show this week to talk ‘See a Little Light’ biography
- Video: Bob Mould plays ‘If I Can’t Change Your Mind’ with The Roots on Jimmy Fallon
- Video + Free MP3: The Decemberists cover R.E.M.’s ‘Cuyahoga’ at KCRW session
- Photos: R.E.M.’s Peter Buck in the studio with Colin Meloy and The Decemberists