In addition to our contest to win five classic New Order albums on vinyl, we can now bring you — via RollingStone.com —a full stream of the band’s forthcoming Lost Sirens mini-album, a collection of eight previously unreleased tracks and mixes from the sessions for 2005′s Waiting For the Sirens’ Call, which is due out Tuesday.
The collection features six songs that are completely unreleased in any form, as well as a previously unreleased mix of Waiting For the Sirens’ Call track “I Told You So” and the “original non-radio edit form” of “Hellbent,” a track that first surfaced last year on Rhino’s new Total compilation of New Order and Joy Division tracks.
The long-delayed Lost Sirens, first revealed by ex-bassist Peter Hook in 2011 in an interview with Slicing Up Eyeballs — will be released digitally in the U.S. next week and as both standalone CD and CD/vinyl combo editions in the U.K
STREAM: New Order, Lost Sirens (via RollingStone.com)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Contest: Win all 5 of New Order’s classic ’80s albums on vinyl from Rhino Records
- New Order’s ‘Lost Sirens’ set of 8 unreleased tracks finally due for release in January
- New Order delays release of ‘Lost Sirens’ outtakes set, will play Australia in 2012
- New Order set to release ‘Lost Sirens’ — 8 outtakes from last album — in December
- Peter Hook: New Order to release 8 songs from ‘Waiting for the Sirens’ Call’ sessions