It’s been a busy few days in New York City for Bob Mould: On Wednesday night, he played Bowery Ballroom, inviting “Portlandia” star Fred Armisen on stage to play guitar on three rarely played Flip Your Wig-era Hüsker Dü songs. And then on Thursday night, he appeared on “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” performing current single “Star Machine” on air and then sticking around to blast through Sugar’s “A Good Idea” as a web-only extra.
Above, you can see audience footage of Mould’s band and Armisen performing “Flip Your Wig,” “Hate Paper Doll” and “Divide And Conquer,” while the Fallon footage is posted below.
Video: Bob Mould, “Star Machine”
Video: Bob Mould, “A Good Idea”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Full-album stream: Bob Mould, ‘Silver Age’ — ‘companion’ to Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue’
- Video: Bob Mould, ‘The Descent’ — first single off forthcoming ‘Silver Age’
- Stream: Bob Mould, ‘The Descent’ — first single off forthcoming album ‘Silver Age’
- Bob Mould announces new album ‘Silver Age,’ will play ‘Copper Blue’ on U.S. tour
- Merge to reissue Bob Mould’s Sugar catalog in U.S. — download 3 free live MP3s
Wow, didn’t think Bob did old Husker Du numbers, never mind three in a row! Does this mean All Tomorrow’s Hipsters will be offering him a shitload to reform the band (Greg & Grant permitting…)?