We’re now just days away from The Replacements’ first live performance in 22 years, and the band — Paul Westerberg and Tommy Stinson plus, we now know, drummer Josh Freese and guitarist David Minehan — have teased fans with a third very brief live clip. This time we get 11 seconds of the 2013 version of the ‘Mats tearing through “Takin’ a Ride.”
As you can see from the screengrab posted above and the actual video that’s embedded below, we don’t exactly see much — but the audio’s certainly there, loud and clear.
The footage was posted to the band’s Facebook page with only the inscription “at Mysteryville.” But the band is seen (briefly and not in focus) on what appears to be a concert stage at a club, leading fans to immediately speculate the ‘Mats have been rehearsing at First Avenue in Minneapolis.
The Replacements are currently scheduled to play just three shows, headlining Riot Fest in Toronto on Sunday, Chicago on Sept. 15 and Denver on Sept. 21.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Paul Westerberg ropes in early ’90s sidemen for Replacements’ reunion shows
- Video: Tommy Stinson joins Wilco to cover The Replacements’ ‘Color Me Impressed’
- The Replacements reuniting to headline Riot Fest in Chicago, Denver and Toronto
- Stream: The Replacements, ‘I’m Not Sayin” — new track from ‘Songs For Slim’ reunion EP
- The Replacements’ ‘Songs For Slim’ EP out digitally March 5, on 12-inch April 16
- The Replacements reunite to record vinyl-only covers EP, new album ‘possible’
Chicago here I come! I feel like a kid on christmas day!!!!
Flash encoded video, is it 2002?
Looks like First Avenue to me.