Former Yazoo frontwoman Alison Moyet gave fans the first taste of her upcoming ninth solo album Other via its spare title track back in March. But now comes the official first single, “Reassuring Pinches,” an electronic chiller that you can hear below in its original form and radio mix.
The album — produced, like its predecessor, 2013’s The Minutes, by Guy Sigsworth — is due out June 16 in CD, vinyl, cassette and digital formats via the Cooking Vinyl label. She’ll follow the record’s release with a 58-date worldwide tour that will keep her on the road from September through December, playing North America, the U.K., Europe and Australia.
Below, listen to “Reassuring Pinches.”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Alison Moyet announces new album ‘Other,’ plots huge world tour — hear the title track
- Alison Moyet to play San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York this November
- Video: Alison Moyet performs ‘When I Was Your Girl’ on UK TV’s ‘This Morning’
- Video: Alison Moyet, ‘When I Was Your Girl’ — first single off new album ‘the minutes’
- Alison Moyet announces extensive U.K. tour for ‘the minutes,’ but U.S. shows unlikely
Mmmmm…..she’s still got the pipes!
The Other single didn’t do anything for me. This one, however, hits the spot.
Simple synths. That VOICE and some good lyrics. Like it.
Um, Adele? Yes, hi. How are you? Look on Alf’s work and despair that you’ll never fill her bra straps. She’s King Richard. You’re Prince John.