Back in September, The Church stopped by the studios of Seattle’s KEXP radio to perform a 25-minute set and interview ahead of its show that night at the Neptune Theater. The radio station has just posted that footage online, and, as you can see below, the band performs two songs off its new album Man Woman Life Death Infinity, as well as a cut off 2006’s Uninvited, Like the Clouds and “Myrrh,” the classic opener from 1985’s Heyday.
Missing from this performance, though, is guitarist Peter Koppes, who did play on The Church’s U.S. tour (including that night in Seattle). No explanation is given for his absence.
Watch the full set below.
Setlist: The Church, KEXP studios, Seattle, WA, 9/9/17
1. “Day 5”
2. “I Don’t Know How I Don’t Know Why”
3. “Another Century”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch: Teaser for new doc ‘Something Quite Peculiar: The Life & Times of Steve Kilbey’
- The Church sets 29-date North American tour in support of ‘Man Woman Life Death Infinity’
- Listen: The Church releases new song ‘Another Century’ off still-untitled next album
- The Church returns to the U.S. this summer for ‘limited run’ of concerts
- Watch: The Church’s Steve Kilbey covers The Cure classics ‘Pictures of You,’ ‘Love Song’