The Replacements have offered up a second taste of their “radically re-imagined” version of their 1989 record Don’t Tell a Soul in the form of version of “Achin’ to Be” recorded at their aborted first sessions in Bearsville, N.Y. You can stream the song below via YouTube.
Rhino Records on Sept. 27 will release Dead Man’s Pop, a 4CD/1LP box set that features Don’t Tell a Soul “mixed as it was originally intended” and will include a disc of largely unreleased outtakes and a 1989 live set that spans two CDs. Full details and tracklist are available over here.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Listen: The Replacements, ‘Talent Show’ (Matt Wallace Mix) — off ‘Dead Man’s Pop’ box set
- The Replacements promise ‘radically reimagined’ ‘Don’t Tell a Soul’ with new box set
- The Replacements dig up classic-era gig for ‘For Sale: Live at Maxwell’s 1986’ album
- Listen: Paul Westerberg’s ‘Got it Made’ with bouncy new solo synth track
- ‘Coming soon’: The Replacements appear to be up to something… but what, exactly?
- Listen: Exclusive uncut interview with Tommy Stinson from Rockin’ the Suburbs podcast
- Twin/Tone opens its vaults on YouTube: The Replacements, Suicide Commandos and more