Dream-pop favorites The Ocean Blue have announced a run of eight shows later this year that include dates in Atlanta, Nashville, Tenn., West Palm Beach, Fla., and Phoenix that originally had been scheduled in 2020 before being postponed by the pandemic.
In addition to those shows, all of which run between September and November, the band will play dates in Lancaster, Penn., Washington, D.C., Denver and Detroit.
The band in 2019 released Kings and Queens/Knaves and Thieves, its first new album in six years and seventh overall.
The Ocean Blue released four major-label records between 1989 and 1996, with the band’s self-titled debut spawning the modern-rock radio hit “Between Something and Nothing.” The group released Davy Jones’ Locker on an independent label in 1999, and followed that in 2004 with the Waterworks EP — later expanded into a full album — and the comeback Ultramarine in 2013.
Check out the new tour dates below.
The Ocean Blue tour dates
Sept. 4: Tellus360 – The Temple, Lancaster, PA
Sept. 5: Union Stage, Washington, D.C.
Sept. 17: The Masquerade, Atlanta, GA *
Sept. 18: The High Watt, Nashville, TN *
Oct. 2: Respectable Street, West Palm Beach, FL *
Nov. 12: Soiled Ground Underground, Denver, CO
Nov. 13: Crescent Ballroom, Phoenix, AZ *
Nov. 20: The Magic Bag, Detroit, MI
* Rescheduled 2020 dates; previously purchased tickets will be honored
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Ocean Blue debuts ‘Love Doesn’t Make It Easy On Us’ video, shares spring tour dates
- The Ocean Blue announces new LP, expands U.S. tour — hear opener ‘Kings and Queens’
- Video: The Ocean Blue’s David Schelzel covers Billy Idol in 3-song live set at KEXP
- The Ocean Blue to release ‘Ultramarine’ in March, play shows ‘throughout the U.S.’
- Ocean Blue rarity ‘City Traffic’ surfaces as band works on first new album in a decade