Last night in Los Angeles, Black Francis hosted a benefit concert called Winston Calling that featured appearances by most of the Pixies — Kim Deal was absent, so Kim Shattuck of The Muffs and Flea filled in on bass — as well as Love and Rockets’ David J, Michael Penn, Tenacious D, OK Go, She Wants Revenge and, of all people, “Weird Al” Yankovic, who handled lead vocals on the twisted Doolittle rocker “I Bleed” (see that video above, and much more after the jump).
The concert was organized by Violet Clark, Frank Black’s wife and partner in Grand Duchy, which also performed. The event, which continues tonight with a comedy show, raised money for the parents of 8 1/2-month-old Winston Bertrand, who was born with two very rare and life-threatening conditions, lymphatic and venous malformations.
See more video of the Pixies, Flea, David J, Tenacious D and more after the jump…
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Pixies play ‘Debaser,’ ‘Hey’ on ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’
- Gift idea: Vans’ ‘Death to the Pixies’ shoes
- Video: Pixies play ‘Here Comes Your Man’ on ‘Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien’
- Free download: Pixies’ ‘Doolittle’ tour live EP
- Video and setlist: Pixies open ‘Doolittle’ 20th anniversary tour last night in Dublin
- Pixies add additional ‘Doolittle’ anniversary tour dates in Europe, U.S., Australia
- Pixies’ ‘Doolittle’ 20th anniversary tour heads to Australia, New Zealand in 2010
- Pixies tour dates: ‘Doolittle’ anniversary trek coming to U.S. in November
- Tour dates: Pixies to play ‘Doolittle’ at 20th anniversary concerts in Europe
- Pixies roar back to life with Stockholm, Isle of Wight gigs, plus ‘Minotaur’ box set