With the long-awaited reissue of The Cure’s landmark Disintegration now less than a month away, fans are getting their first taste of the bonus material via a just-leaked nine-track promo sampler that includes the never-before-heard outtake “Delirious Night” — which you can hear in the YouTube clip below.
The track — a percussive, psychedelic tune with swirling vocals from Robert Smith and a dash of the “Plainsong” chimes — is one of three previously unreleased demos of songs that didn’t make the 1989 album included on the 3CD Disintegration reissue, due out May 25 (see full tracklist here).
“Delirious Night” is featured on a disc titled 9 Track ‘Disintegration’ Deluxe Edition Sampler that features three songs from each of the set’s three discs, including a “Prayers for Rain” home demo, a full-band demo of “The Same Deep Water as You” and live versions of “Lullaby,” “Fascination Street” and “Disintegration” from the Entreat Plus disc. Our friends at Chain of Flowers have found a link to download the promo disc.
Hear the Cure’s “Delirious Night” after the jump…
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch ‘The Cure in Orange’ to celebrate Robert Smith’s 51st birthday
- The Cure plays early version of ‘A Forest’ with alternate lyrics
- Spin in the ’80s: The Cure, R.E.M., Morrissey, The Replacements, much more
- Watch The Cure’s Robert Smith guest host MTV’s ‘120 Minutes’
- John Hughes wrote a screenplay inspired by The Cure’s ‘Lovecats’
- The Cure’s Robert Smith: ‘4.13 Dream’ follow-up ’slowly taking shape’
- The Cure’s Robert Smith contributes rare solo song to ‘Alice in Wonderland’
- The Cure’s ‘Disintegration’ gets 3CD deluxe reissue in 2010, plus ‘In Orange’ on DVD