While U2 was knocked out of its first-ever Glastonbury slot by Bono’s recent tour-scuttling back surgery, fans still got a taste tonight when The Edge joined Muse for an encore of the classic “Where the Streets Have No Name.” As you can see in the clip above, Matt Bellamy and Co. kick the song up a notch, with the Edge handling his trademark delay-soaked riff and usual backing vocals.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- U2 pushes North American leg of 360° Tour to 2011, cancels Glastonbury slot
- U2 to release ‘U2360° at the Rose Bowl’ concert on DVD, Blu-ray in June
- U2’s ‘Artificial Horizon’ remix album to be released as triple vinyl set
- Vintage Video: U2 rings out the 1980s with New Year’s gig at Dublin’s Point Depot
- U2 ‘Artificial Horizon’ fan club CD features 13 remixes by likes of Trent Reznor