Former Hüsker Dü drummer, songwriter and co-vocalist Grant Hart will embark on a short tour of the mid-Atlantic and southeastern regions of the U.S. next month in support of the reissue of the long-out-of-print The Last Days of Pompeii, the 1991 debut from his post-Hüskers project Nova Mob.
Following the implosion of Hüsker Dü in 1988, Hart — switching from drums to guitar — released a solo album and two EPs before forming the band Nova Mob with bassist Tom Merkl and drummer Mike Crego. The trio’s debut “had a release life of under a month” after being issued by the about-to-collapse Rough Trade International.
Back in print for the first time in 20 years — the new reissue, out Jan. 11 on Con D’or Records — includes a remixed version of the original 12-track album, plus the five demo songs that Hart used to land the Rough Trade deal (see full tracklist below). Two days later, and accompanied by opening band The Venables, Hart — who last year released Hot Wax, his first album in a decade — will begin his seven-date “Carolina Zephyr” tour in Washington, D.C., and wrap up on Jan. 21 in Atlanta (see dates below).
See Grant Hart’s tour dates and Nova Mob tracklist after the jump…
Grant Hart tour dates:
Jan. 13: The Black Cat, Washington, D.C.
Jan. 14: Motorco Music Hall, Durham, NC
Jan. 15: The Garage, Winston-Salem, NC
Jan. 18: Lexington Avenue Brewery, Asheville, NC
Jan. 19: Snug Harbor, Charlotte, NC
Jan. 20: TBA
Jan. 21: The Earl, Atlanta, GA
Tracklist: Nova Mob, The Last Days of Pompeii: Special Edition
3. “Getaway (Gateway) in Time”
4. “Admiral of the Sea (79 AD)”
5. “Wernher Von Braun”
6. “Space Jazz”
7. “Where You Gonna Land (Next Time You Fall off of Your Mountain)?”
8. “Over My Head”
9. “Admiral of the Sea”
11. “Lavender and Grey”
12. “The Last Days of Pompeii Benediction”
13. “Intro” (Demo)
14. “Wernher Von Braun” (Demo)
15. “Where You Gonna Land (Next Time You Fall off of Your Mountain)?” (Demo)
16. “Lavender and Grey” (Demo)
17. “The Last Days of Pompeii” (Demo)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- New Hüsker Dü biography due in 2010
- Video: Bob Mould and No Age play Hüsker Dü at All Tomorrow’s Parties New York
- Hüsker Dü’s Grant Hart issuing ‘Hot Wax’ — first album in a decade — in October
- No Age drafts Bob Mould to cover Hüsker Dü album at All Tomorrow’s Parties
- Bob Mould to mount brief U.S. tour in October in support of ‘Life and Times’