The Pixies will bring their seemingly never-ending tour celebrating the 20th anniversary of Doolittle — a record that’s now actually 22 years old — back to the U.S. for another round of 19 dates in October and November, this time “playing cities we’ve never visited across the U.S. of A.”
The band will formally announce the so-called “Lost Cities” trek tomorrow, but this afternoon sent fans an e-mail listing the cities — but not venues — they’ll hit. The tour opens Oct. 27 in Montclair, N.J., and wraps Nov. 21 in Santa Cruz, Calif. (see dates below). The group also promises to release ticket pre-sale information later this week.
The fall dates mark the fourth leg of the band’s global Doolittle tour to play the U.S., although the most recent, in April and early May of this year, primarily stopped in Canadian cities. Previously, the Pixies brought their Doolittle show — which features the band playing its 1989 album in its entirety, plus all its B-sides — to American cities in both 2009 and 2010. The band also has played the album in Europe and Australia.
UPDATE 7/5/11: Venues now added. Pre-sale begins Friday, and will include “specially designed, limited edition Pixies T-shirt,” via pixiesmusic.com. General on-sale is July 15.
See the Pixies’ ‘Lost Cities’ tour dates after the jump…
Pixies Doolittle “Lost City” tour dates:
Oct. 27: Wellmont Theatre, Montclair, N.J.
Oct. 28: Asbury Park Convention Hall, Asbury Park, N.J.
Oct. 29: Palace Theatre, Waterbury, CT
Oct. 30: Hampton Beach Ballroom, Hampton Beach, N.H.
Nov. 1: State Theatre, Portland, ME
Nov. 2: The Armory, Rochester, N.Y.
Nov. 3: State Theatre Center for the Arts, Easton, PA
Nov. 5: Paramount Theatre, Huntington, N.Y.
Nov. 6: Grand Opera House, Wilmington, DE
Nov. 8: War Memorial Auditorium, Greensboro, N.C.
Nov. 9: Louisville Palace Theatre, Louisville, KY
Nov. 10: Tennessee Theatre, Knoxville, TN
Nov. 11: North Charleston Performing Arts Center, North Charleston, S.C.
Nov. 14: Orpheum Theatre, Memphis, TN
Nov. 15: Bricktown Events Center, Oklahoma, OK
Nov. 16: Santa Fe Center, Sante Fe, N.M.
Nov. 18: Fox Theatre, Bakersfield, CA
Nov. 20: The Uptown Theatre, Napa, CA
Nov. 21: Civic Auditorium, Santa Cruz, CA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Milestones: Today is Joey Santiago’s and Kim Deal’s birthday; watch Pixies in 1991
- Milestones: Pixies’ ‘Doolittle’ released 22 years ago today; watch full 1989 concert
- Milestones: Black Francis is 46 today; watch Pixies’ full 1988 Town & Country gig
- Pixies to bring ‘Doolittle’ tour to Canada, three more U.S. cities in April, May
- Download: Pixies’ full 2004 Coachella reunion set for free
- Pixies play marathon set in Santiago, Chile, to celebrate rescue
- Pixies cancel first-ever Israel concert after last week’s deadly Gaza flotilla raid
- Vintage Video: Pixies play ‘Doolittle’ tracks ‘Dead,’ ‘I Bleed’ for ‘Snub TV’ in 1989