The briefly reunited Dalis Car — Peter Murphy and late Japan bassist Mick Karn — today released its first new music in 27 years in the form of a newly reworked version of the instrumental “Artemis” with new vocals and lyrics by the former Bauhaus singer.
The track, originally recorded for 1984’s The Waking Hour, will appear on the duo’s InGladAloneness EP, recorded last fall in the months before Karn succumbed to cancer. In an interview with The Quietus this week, Murphy says the new five-track EP will be released in October.
The new version of “Artemis” was released today in conjunction with Karn’s birthday; he would have been 53 this past Sunday. The track — which also features additional instrumentation from Karn’s Japan bandmate Steve Jansen and Jakko M. Jakszyk — is being sold through Karn’s online store at BurningShed.com.
All proceeds will go to his wife and son.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Dalis Car ‘InGladAloneness’ EP tracklist, cover art revealed — possibly out next month
- ‘Dalis Car 2′ EP, featuring Peter Murphy and late Mick Karn, to be released
- Mick Karn, bassist with Japan and Dalis Car with Peter Murphy, 1958-2011
- Peter Murphy: Dalis Car sessions begin next week, ‘Ninth’ solo album out ’soon’
- Bauhaus’ Peter Murphy, Japan’s Mick Karn reuniting for second Dalis Car album