Manchester-bred post-punk legends The Fall will release their 29th studio album in 35 years — a 10-track collection called Ersatz G.B. — in November, when they’ll also embark on an nine-date tour of their native U.K. to mark the record’s arrival.
The album is set to be released on CD, LP and as a digital download on Nov. 14 by Cherry Red Records; the label also has announced it plans to precede the record with a yet-to-be-announced 7-inch single featuring an exclusive B-side.
Billed by Cherry Red as “retain(ing) many of their most distinctive elements whilst offering a fresh take on Mark E. Smith’s familiar style and subject matter,” the new album finds band mastermind Smith accompanied once again by the same relatively stable Fall lineup that recorded last year’s Your Future Our Clutter and the 2008 release Imperial Wax Solvent: Smith’s wife Elena Poulou on keyboards, Dave “The Eagle” Spurr on bass, Peter “P.P.” Greenway on guitar and Keiron Melding on drums.
Tracklist: The Fall, Ersatz G.B.
1. “Cosmos 7”
2. “Taking Off”
4. “Mask Search”
6. “Happy Song”
9. “I’ve Seen Them”
The Fall tour dates:
Sept. 11: The Electric Frog, Glasgow, U.K.
Sept. 19: Incubate Festival, Tillburg, The Netherlands
Oct. 22: SWN Festival, Great Hall, Cardiff University, U.K.
Nov. 2: Stylus, Leeds, U.K.
Nov. 3: HMV Picture House, Edinburgh, U.K.
Nov. 4: Riverside, Newcastle, U.K.
Nov. 5: Fibbers, York, U.K.
Nov. 15: The Junction, Cambridge, U.K.
Nov. 17: Concorde 2, Brighton, U.K.
Nov. 18: The Auditorium, Leicester, U.K.
Nov. 24: indigO2, North Greenwich, London, U.K.
Nov. 26: Mr Kyps, Poole, U.K.
Dec. 2-4: All Tomorrow’s Parties, Minehead, U.K.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Milestones: Mark E. Smith is 54 today; watch complete BBC documentary on The Fall
- The Fall’s 3CD ‘This Nation’s Saving Grace: Omnibus Edition’ set for January release
- Beggars preps ‘Wonderful and Frightening World of the Fall’ ‘Omnibus Edition’
- The Fall to release ‘Your Future Our Clutter’ next month, tour the U.K.
- Beggars prepping 3CD ‘Omnibus’ reissue of The Fall’s ‘This Nation’s Saving Grace’
- Bauhaus, The Fall up for ‘Omnibus’ reissues from new Beggars Archive imprint