The Cure continues to move forward with its plan to headline seemingly every festival in Europe this summer, with three new additions to Robert Smith and Co.’s itinerary: Primavera Sound 2012 in Barcelona, Spain; Bilbao BBK Live in Bilbao, Spain; and Optimus Alive in Oeiras, Portugal.
Those new additions join already announced slots — running from late May through mid-July — at major summer festivals in Holland, Sweden, Germany, France, Denmark and Italy. Interestingly, no U.K. festivals have been confirmed as of yet, and no word yet on whether the band will make good on suggestions it will return to the U.S. this year.
See thecure.com for ticket information on each festival.
The Cure tour dates:
May 26: Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf, Holland
May 30-June 3: Primavera Sound 2012, Barcelona, Spain
June 14-16: Hultsfred Festival, Hultsfred, Sweden
June 22-24: Hurricane Festival, Scheeßel, Germany
June 22-24: Southside Festival, Tuttlingen, Germany
June 29-July 1: Les Eurockéennes, Malsaucy, France
July 5-8: Roskilde Festival, Roskilde, Denmark
July 7: Heineken Jammin’, Venice, Italy
July 9: Rock in Roma, Rome, Italy
July 12-14: Bilbao BBK Live, Bilbao, Spain
July 14: Optimus Alive, Oeiras, Portugal
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Cure confirms Pinkpop, Eurockéennes, Roskilde, Heineken Jammin’, Rock in Roma
- The Cure confirms Hultsfred, Hurricane, Southside festivals — ‘lots more to come’
- The Cure to headline ‘series of major European music festivals’ this summer
- The Cure reissuing ‘Wish’ in 2012, prepping ‘Friday I’m In Love’ Record Store Day 7-inch
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys make Rock Hall of Fame — The Cure snubbed
- The Cure’s Robert Smith hints at 2012 tour, tells New York: ‘We’ll see you again next year’