Next month, Karl Wallinger will release his first new music under the World Party banner since 2000… and it won’t just be a new CD, but, rather, a mammoth five-disc box set called Arkeology featuring 70 previously unreleased tracks, including dozens of new songs, cover versions and alternate takes, plus 15 live tracks.
As Super Deluxe Edition notes, the first taste of that new goldmine of World Party material is now streaming on the website of Fontana Distribution, which is distributing the box set when it comes out April 10 in the U.S. That track, “Words,” opens the third disc and, according to Super Deluxe Edition, is one of three songs on the new box set recorded in the last year.
Check out “Words” below, and here’s a full tracklist for Arkeology.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- World Party’s ‘Arkeology’ — 5-disc box set with 70 unreleased tracks — out April 10
- World Party announces ‘Arkeology’ 5CD box set with new songs, live recordings, covers
- World Party cancels SXSW and NYC gigs, but promises ‘whole tour of the U.S.A.’
- World Party playing SXSW and NYC in March, releasing rarities box
- Milestones: World Party’s ‘Goodbye Jumbo’ was released 20 years ago today