The Jesus and Mary Chain aren’t the only college-rock legends headed to China this month: Peter Murphy will perform at the West Lake Music Festival in Hangzhou on the same night the Mary Chain are in Beijing — plus, a month later, the former Bauhaus leader will play a short South American tour, hitting Chile, Argentina and Peru.
Murphy, who has spent much of the last year touring his latest album Ninth, will follow up the May 19 slot at the Chinese festival — headlined by Mercury Rev — with performances in late June in South American capitals Buenos Aires, Santiago and Lima. See full tour details below.
Peter Murphy tour dates:
May 19: Westlake Music Festival, Hangzhou, China
June 28: Teatro Vorterix, Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 29: Teatro Caupolican, Santiago, Chile
June 30: Teatro Leguia, Lima, Peru
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Peter Murphy adds 3 California shows to short March tour of western U.S., Mexico
- Dalis Car ‘InGladAloneness’ EP — featuring Peter Murphy, Mick Karn — out in April
- Peter Murphy to play Festival 72810 in Mexico, one-off California club gig in March
- Peter Murphy’s ‘Miracula Sessions’: Bid on an all-inclusive, $4,000 weekend in Las Vegas
- Q&A: Peter Murphy on ‘Ninth,’ the break-up of Bauhaus, reuniting Dalis Car with Mick Karn