Danish indie-pop combo Efterklang recently premiered its forthcoming album Piramida by performing it in full at the Sydney Opera House backed by a symphony orchestra and a new touring drummer: Budgie, of Siouxsie & The Banshees and The Creatures, who will join the band on a just-announced series of fall European dates.
The band enlisted Budgie, whom they refer to as an “amazing and very lovely fellow” on their website, because of drummer Toby Dammit touring commitments with The Stooges. This September and October, Budgie will join Efterklang to perform Piramida at concerts in Ireland, Denmark and the U.K. The album itself arrives in September.
Above, you can see footage of one of the new songs, “The Ghost,” filmed at the May 26 premiere in Sydney. Below are the full tour dates, plus additional footage of Budgie rehearing.
Efterklang Piramida tour dates:
Sept. 14: Meeting House Square, Dublin, Ireland (w/ The Major Lift Orchestra)
Sept. 15: Opera House, Cork, Ireland (w/ The Major Lift Orchestra)
Oct. 10: Konservatoriets Koncertsal, Copenhagen, Denmark (w/ Copenhagen Phil)
Oct. 11: Gjethuset, Frederiksværk, Denmark (w/ Copenhagen Phil)
Oct. 12: Kulturværftet, Helsingør, Denmark (w/ Copenhagen Phil)
Oct. 23: The Sage, Gateshead, UK (w/ The Northern Sinfonia)
Oct. 24: Usher Hall, Edinburgh, UK (w/ The Northern Sinfonia)
Oct. 27: Warwick Arts Centre, Coventry, UK (w/ The Northern Sinfonia)
Oct. 28: Dome, Brighton, UK (w/ The Northern Sinfonia)
Oct. 29: Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, UK (w/ The Northern Sinfonia)
Oct. 30: Barbican, London, UK (w/ The Northern Sinfonia)
Video: Budgie rehearsing with Efterklang
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Siouxsie and the Banshees 20-disc ‘mega’ box set with 11 albums, live DVDs in works
- Milestones: Siouxsie and the Banshees play 1st concert 35 years ago today (audio)
- Milestones: Siouxsie Sioux is 54 today; watch the Banshees’ 1983 ‘Nocturne’ concert
- Milestones: Siouxsie and the Banshees’ ‘Tinderbox’ released 25 years ago today
- Steven Severin: Robert Smith says ‘it’s just a matter of time’ until 2nd Glove album
- Milestones: Siouxsie Sioux is 53 today; watch a complete concert from 1981
- Steven Severin: Siouxsie and the Banshees’ reissue program dumped by Univeral