Universal Music is planning a 30th anniversary box set of The Jam’s chart-topping 1982 album The Gift — featuring one of Paul Weller and Co.’s best-known singles, “Town Called Malice” — and is asking fans to submit memorabilia such as “photos, tour tickets, posters or newspaper articles” for inclusion in the deluxe reissue.
The set is due out Nov. 18 in the U.K., and while no further details or tracklist has yet been revealed, it appears to be a four-disc set based on the photo featured on this pre-order page. A post on Weller’s Facebook page today indicates details will be released soon, and that fans “can expect a stack of rare and unreleased material.”
The reissue follows 2010′s 2CD deluxe edition of 1980′s Sound Affects.
To submit memorabilia for the Gift box set, use the form on this page. Universal Music says it is seeking ”anything Jam-related from around the early ’80s.” Furthermore, the fan who sends in the “best image” will receive a free copy of the box set signed by Weller.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Paul Weller plays ‘The Attic,’ ‘Kling I Klang’ on ‘Later… with Jools Holland’
- Video: Paul Weller plays ‘That Dangerous Age,’ ‘The Attic’ on Jonathan Ross
- Paul Weller debuts NSFW ‘Dragonfly’ video — off forthcoming ‘Sonik Kicks’ album
- The Jam’s ‘Sound Affects: Deluxe Edition’ to feature 8 previously unreleased tracks
- Video: The Jam’s Paul Weller, Bruce Foxton reunite on stage; first time since 1982